What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How bad did I mess up?

papamike

Well Known Member
It's one of those moments you just have to walk away...

I'm using the SafeAir static port kit. I drilled a 1/4" hole on the right side for the port, then realized it was aft of the bulkhead instead of forward...

You think 3" or so will be a problem? I can probably get creative with routing the tubing, putting the forward tubing run through the bulkhead, but I think the location probably should be the same on both sides.

Any ideas?

It's one of those moments you just have to walk away...

I'm using the SafeAir static port kit. I drilled a 1/4" hole on the right side for the port, then realized it was aft of the bulkhead instead of forward...

You think 3" or so will be a problem? I can probably get creative with routing the tubing, putting the forward tubing run through the bulkhead, but I think the location probably should be the same on both sides.

Any ideas?

Wont like make much difference.
The shape of the static port will have a lot more effect than 6" difference in position.

I would just make the other one the same....

Wont like make much difference.
The shape of the static port will have a lot more effect than 6" difference in position.

I would just make the other one the same....

I think Scott is right. Take a look at the SafeAir port. If it is flush, there is plenty of anecdotal commentary here on VAF about flush ports not working well. If they are proud of the surface, they may work fine. I purchased some flush ports early in construction but after reading VAF I drilled them and put the Vans recommended rivet in the middle (with sealant). The advantage is 1/8 NPT connections for the hose inside the fuselage. Works great.

Back