What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sure Fly Ignition

Capt7474

I'm New Here
I just installed a Sure Fly ignition in my RV9A, IO-360. Works great, however I can't get it to sink up to my Dynon D-180 for tach info. I had a 30K ohm resistor in place for the replaced Slick 4371. I tried to down size to a 15K ohm resistor but that didn't help. Any Ideas? Thanks

You are not alone

me too -- do a search and you will find some work-arounds. I just decided to listen for the smoothness when doing my checks.

Ron

Surefly

Contact Surefly, I believe they have a tachometer circuit board that they provide.
Don’t know if it’s free or not.
Dave

I contacted both Sure Fly & Dynon. They had a few ideas but, none of them worked. I'm planning on continuing the search, there has got to be a solution.

SureFly p-lead output

Here's what the output of the Surefly looks like. See attached oscilloscope photo.

It has a +10V DC offset on it (0V is at the 1 mark on the left). This is a 6Cyl unit at a low RPM.

Much different from a Slick mag, which looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66plAjpzM0c

Hope that helps,
Lenny

Attachments

• IMG_4852.jpg
    IMG_4852.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_4859.jpg
    IMG_4859.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Same issue here.... I will eventually install a magnetic pickup tach sender in the right Slick mag for tach info to Skyview. Or you can order a “tach board “ from SureFly.
So far, I am just using the “listen” method on the run up checks.

Back