What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs@KMMV?

mill2978

Well Known Member
The Dirty Bird is out of phase 1 and I am waiting for a good weather window to get it from CO to OR. I'll be keeping it at McMinville(we live just south), are there other RV owners at KMMV or nearby?

It looks like the closest EAA Chapter is in Independence, and nearest IAC is in Aurora.

Are there meetups or fly-ins that you recommend in the area?

Thanks

Aaron

[email protected]

I live at Independence (7S5)

Good morning Aaron,

I live at the Independence Airpark where there is no lack of RVs. The EAA Chapter 292 is also very active, they own their own building on the field

It appears by your bio that you may still be a working person or self employed.

Year round, there is typically a flyout to Lenhardt Airport (7S9) every Friday leaving after 8 AM, where locals go for coffee and donuts. You drop a contribution in the jar (typically $1. or more if you choose) and help yourself. Year round there is a flyout to Twin Oaks, Hillsboro (7S3), Chapter 105 sponsored, the first Saturday of every month. Of course, weather is always the controlling factor. These events just mentioned, are always on, rain or shine.

There are other events that are listed in a scheduled that is regularly sent by email to local EAA members of Chapter 292.

Hopefully you'll enjoy living in the Willamette Valley. We don't have the best weather in the country, but sure not the worst. I believe we have a nice balance in weather. I've lived in the area 45 years.

Jake Thiessen
RV-4

I don't live at KMMV, but find myself there quite often as my mother lives nearby. I fly out of Prosser S40 and we have a semi extinct EAA chapter from what I can tell, although my new work partner is the president of the EAA chapter there. Might be time to rebuild the website, and a few planes!
KMMV does not have 100LL at the moment as their tanks were growing mold so I generally stop at Twin Oaks for fuel.

new to the portland area

I have just recently moved from the phoenix area to portland. I'm in the process of building my wings of the 14a and am looking to get connected with the local EAA chapter. sounds like independence is the one to look into?

Probably 105

I have just recently moved from the phoenix area to portland. I'm in the process of building my wings of the 14a and am looking to get connected with the local EAA chapter. sounds like independence is the one to look into?

Probably chapter 105 out of Twin Oaks 7S3. You must be freezing coming from Phoenix!

EAA Chapter 105 is based at Twin Oaks (7S3) south of Hillsboro. http://eaa105.org

March chapter meeting will be 6pm on Thursday March 14th at the Aurora airport KUAO, at the Aerometal International hangar. Hopefully see you there!

g

Welcome Aboard Aaron

Good to have another RV at the field. We met the other day as you gave me a tour of your 8. One of the best thought out builds I have seen. Great Job!
Spring is here. Weather is starting to break, although there is also plenty of great winter flying. Again, welcome aboard.

Back