What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Angled Bezel?

Bayou Bert

Well Known Member
I have the GRT HXr on the left and the HX on the right.
When flying I normally keep the engine temp page up on the HX.
I want to angle the HX toward the pilot side but can't find any
info on how.
I have searched for bezel adapters etc, and have tried to come up
with a decent way to make a home made adapter but I'am not that
smart.
Does anyone have an idea, or even seen this done?
Any info greatly appreciated.

Tour way.

Yes this has been done, but very few times. I have only see it done on the ramp two times that I can remember. This is the kind of thing you end up making up out of your own head. Maybe a small aluminum wedge adaptor or form one with 3 ounce "S" cloth and epoxy. Sorry this is not done that often, but worth the try if you need it. Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

Make two long skinny triangles from aluminum, the long edges the same length at the top of the HX, the short edge the amount that you want the far right edge of the HX to me out from the panel. Bend 1/2" flanges on each edge of the triangles - they'll look like trim tab ribs. One of these is for the top, one for the bottom (of the HX). Now install nutplates to pick up the mounting screws from the HX, and drill holes to pick up the existing holes in the panel where the HX DID mount. Install the wedges on the panel, install the HX on the wedges.

Paint to taste!

Paul

Last edited:
Stein used to have a panel available with the center section angled. Don't know if he still has them.

No on Stein

Called Stein and he told me to ask Paul how he
had angled his, and now, thanks to Paul I know.
Only problem, it takes someone knowing what they are doing
to turn out something useable that doesn't hurt when you look at it!

I did the same thing with vertically angled screens. I couldn't find anything commercially available so I made them. Not too difficult and only took me a day to do them.

Back