What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tri-cities. Pasco or Vista Field?

java

Well Known Member
Hi all,

Me and the brother in law are planning to fly down to Tri-cities in Washington this weekend to watch my nephew play in a WHL tournament. Wondering the better airport to park at for a couple of nights... Tri-cities (KPSC) in Pasco, or Vista Field (KS98) in Kennewick? We'll need a rental car, which I'm sure will be available in KPSC, but KS98 shows an Enterprise within 5 mi as well.

Any pireps greatly appreciated.

I stoped in to see my niece in Richland a couple of months back, and KRLD was nice, friendly - FBO had a courtesy car (I didn't ask about rental). Easy in and out place.

SEA 04/148 S98 AD AIRPORT CLSD 1404151708-PERM
SEA 04/149 S98 AD 100LL AND JET A FUEL NOT AVBL 1404151708-PERM

NOTAMs are more current than A/FD.

Pasco be best for rental..
Bergstrom Aircraft
4102 N Stearman Ave, Pasco, WA 99301
(509) 547-6271

Richland great FBO and Cliff great guy but rental little more challenging.

Or you could come S40 Prosser and we could give u a ride or car. Two 10's and a 9 on the field.

And yes Vista does have the big X on runway as of several months ago.

Report back

Thanks all for the advice, and thought I'd report back for posterity...

Ended up flying into Tri-Cities (Pasco) and parked at Bergstrom Aircraft. Good parking space (tiedown with chains). Nice little FBO with info about the area (including wine tours... with local wines sold right at the FBO). The folks there were awesome. We booked a car rental but had to get over to the main terminal, and they were kind enough to shuttle us over. Fuel was reasonable. Really friendly and helpful folks. I would go there again.

Back