What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Would like to fly in an RV in the NY-NJ area if possible

TonyNYC

I'm New Here
Hello folks. I know this is a bit of a big request from a complete stranger on these forums, but I will give some background and maybe that will help.

I've been reading about RV's since the late '90s and have seen them throughout my aviation career (I am 40). I am especially interested in the RV-7/8 and I think I'd like to own one in the next few years.

I hold a CFII with a CMEL rating as well as a type rating, although I am not by any means current! I've been out of aviation since 2004, barring the occasional flight in a C-172 or my friend's Mooney. The last aircraft I flew for a living was the C-5 galaxy.

The reason I'm writing this post is that I'd like to see what it's like to fly in an RV. I've been self grounded for way too long, and frankly I am getting a bit bored down here. I am located in Staten Island, NY.

I'm willing to share expenses, buy dinner/lunch, or trade some labor for a flight (I do photography/video/websites). I can provide my FAA certificates, medical, driver's license, passport, and veteran's ID to prove my identity.

Based on all the nuts that are out there, I could easily see why no one would want to offer up a ride. The other thing I could do is provide references if needed. The aviation world is small, so it is possible we may know some of the same people!

Welcome to VAF!

Tony, welcome to VAF.

Wrong side of the country, or I would give you that ride for sure.

Maybe Vlad will see this............

Good to have you aboard.:D

Welcome to the VAF

Tony if you can make to KPTW (Limerick PA) outside of Philadelphia, we could most likely arrange a ride in a 4, 7, 8, 9, 12.

PM me if you could make it for a Sat. or a few of us could fly somewhere closer for breakfast and you could meet us there.

Tony, welcome to VAF.

Wrong side of the country, or I would give you that ride for sure.

Maybe Vlad will see this............

Good to have you aboard.:D

Vlad sees everything. Especially when food and gas are mentioned :D

Welcome Anthony! We toured a Galaxy two weeks ago at Dover. They hosted 25 civilian aircrafts for a Safety seminar. Very impressive machine you flew. Email me your schedule I am positive we can go up some evening.

Regarding Flyin - can you pull your old connections and get a waiver for Floyd Bennett field? :D

Tony,

You made a mistake!

You mentioned Lunch/Dinner

In Russian the "/" symbol is interpreted as "And" or "both" :D

And that Ruskie is a hungry one!

I have an -8 and would be happy to give you a ride! I'm based at N40 Sky Manor
in New Jersey. Give me a call!

Wow, came back to the PC and read all of these replies! Thank you for all of these offers. This was really unexpected, I was barely expecting one response! Very much appreciated. Is it ok if I accept all the rides??? What a warm welcome.

Mike S - thank you for the welcome! Yeah, CA is a little far for sure.

David - Sure this is possible. I will PM you momentarily.

Vlad - It looks like you're based out of Princeton, that is pretty close by. The C5 was a very interestingly engineered machine for sure.

John - It's ok, I don't mind both! It'll be a long day for Vlad then...

Adam - Sweet, Sky Manor is about an hour away. Just did some quick reading on the airport website. Very cool story there.

Adam, Vlad, and David - I will PM the three of you with my email/phone # and hopefully we can set something up.

Again, thanks to all for the responses. I still can't believe how friendly this Vans forum is.

Back