What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2 Week Flight Out West - Green River

flybill7

Well Known Member
It probably took me as much time to write the trip up as it did to fly it, but here is the link to the web log of my trip out west a month ago.

Link.

The scenery out west was awesome, particularly eastern Utah. No better way to see it than from an RV. The highlights were flying by Devils Tower, over the Sawtooth Mountains, following the Johy Wesley Powell voyage down the Green River, Arches, Canyonlands, Antelope Canyon, Pima Air & Space Museum/Boneyard in Tucson, White Sands NP in New Mexico, Guadalupe Mountains, Palo Duro Canyon, Big Bend NP, Museum of the Pacific, Triple Tree Fly-in. The RV-7 ran great for all 61 hours. Enjoy.

Here is my route, followed by some teaser pictures.

sb25oy.jpg

Over the Badlands, South Dakota

24piesk.jpg

Devils Tower, Wyoming

bbzoo.jpg

Cruising by the Sawtooth Mountains

eflxcw.jpg

Head of the Green River, Wyoming

98h9bl.jpg

Following the Green River through Wyoming and Utah

o7sft3.jpg

Green River, Dinosaur National Park

2n9jlgo.jpg

2 Week Flight Out West (continued)

Somewhere near Green River, Utah

2j3nwhz.jpg

Green River, north of Moab, Utah

20ii0dg.jpg

Canyonlands

2rfg9y0.jpg

Colorado River Salt Evaporation Ponds south of Moab

28i17xk.jpg

Colorado River approaching Lake Powell

lk66s.jpg

P-3 Orions sit silently in the desert at the Davis-Monthan AFB Boneyard

29oqwya.jpg

White Sands National Park, Alamogordo, New Mexico

2hydvza.jpg

Palo Duro Canyon near Amarillo, Texas

5cx56o.jpg

Looking south at the Rio Grande River and Mexico

23kq2om.jpg

Looking south at Port Aransas and the Gulf Coast

2qktaw4.jpg

Bill, I believe I had the pleasure of meeting you at Triple Tree. Thanks for the great photos, many of them bring back great memories of my flights out to ID, MT, and WY.

Great reading and pics Bill, thanks!

One glitch though; the Day 9, Part 1 page doesn't load the pics... or is it just me?

Nice. When you came down from green river lakes you were 2 minutes from my place. Shoulda stopped.

Outstanding trip report as usual. Your Santa Fe Trail and Lewis and Clark trip reports were great motivation for my recent CA - PA - CA trips.

So THIS is why

I need to finish this plane!

Great pics, looks like one heckuva trip.

Makes it hard to stick to the 10 year plan...

No Food

Vlad, I didn't think you'd be interested in this trip. Not much in the way of tasty food. Didn't have time. Had to keep movin!

Back