What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any Good Deals on Resorts in the Keys - Late December?

Toobuilder

Well Known Member
Planning on spending about a week in South Florida arriving with the Rocket about the 21st of December. I know there are some friends who have discovered some Caribbean resorts that offer substantial discounts to pilots - either paid "aircrew", or lowly pilot/owners like me. I think I have an airpark home available for our use near Ft. Myers, but we very much want to stay on one of the Keys (preferably Key West) for a couple nights. Any "insider" good deals to be had (for pilots or otherwise)?

I fully recognize that this is a peak time of year and I'm likely going to have to suffer the seasonal rates, but if you don't ask, the answer is always no.

Thanks

Last edited:
Michael, would you happen to be ex-military? We stayed at the motel that used to be the officers B.O.Q. for $75.00 a night in a two room suite..kitchen/living room combo and a separate bedroom. I'm ex Army and my wife's retired Navy.

Best,

Yes, I'm a vet, but did not retire. I remain a contractor however, and do have a CAC. I'm considering the Navy housing option, as I've heard good things.

That said, my bride was never so happy as she was when we watched Beale AFB disappear in the rear view mirror for the last time...

I would not count on getting any good deals in EYW during season. If you qualify for military housing, i have been told it is the best deal in EYW but from some of the retired military people I have talked to, it can be hard to come by as it is in high demand.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Back