What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACK E04 battery / trouble code

rjcthree

Well Known Member
I’ve had an ACK E-04 in my airplane since first flight, I have one of the first hundred, I’m told. I’ve had zero issues. No falsing, no errors. Crossing my fingers that I’m not jinxing myself. I check it monthly. It was happy in January 2022.

I decided to self-check it before my condition inspection since I knew I was replacing the battery per it’s due date ( mfg 2/15/2017, due 2/15/2022). Five beeps from the annunciator, signaling high VSR, high current, or check battery. Replaced all the system batteries, and all is good. Checking the removed battery voltage, it’s at 11.87V on a cross-calibrated Fluke, no load.

I guess my point is check the battery before diving into other stuff if you get trouble codes. That the battery is nominally dead at its expiration date troubles me a bit. Is five years really a good interval?

Don’t get me started on how my A600 has self discharged going from full last condition inspection to empty now….grr. I suppose it doesn’t owe me anything, mfg date of 2010. Still….grr.

Back