What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

D10A to Skyview

brian257

Well Known Member
I am working on a panel with a Skyview D700 and a D10A. Not a Dynon expert, but I would think that the D10 and Skyview would share data. the D10 manual shows a DSAB pseudo RS485 network. the Skyview has their dual network, but I can't find anywhere telling me if the DSUB from the D10 is compatible with the Skyview network. Can I connect the D10 into one of the two networks of the Skyview? Will that allow sharing data between the units?

I find it bizarre that the Skyview manual barely mentions the D10 at all. I would think that a D10 as a backup to the Skyview would be fairly common and I wouldn't be the first to ask this question.

I keep my D10A independent

of my AFS 5600T, to ensure that it truly acts as backup. The only sharing is in the pitot/static system.

Ron

Dynon called me back and the two network busses are not compatible. I had assumed that the D10 would be able to share data and seemelesly transfer routes and control the autopilot if the Skyview failed like the G3X and G5 can do, but no joy.

Back