What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDU 370 configuration assistance

TrueAirSpeed

Well Known Member
When I go to the configuration page on the GDU 370 I get this message:. PFD 1 Not Connected.
Background -- I purchased this GDU 370 new from a builder that had this one and a GDU 375 installed in his airplane. Before he even flew the airplane decided to go with the G3X Touch system, so I bought the GDU 370 and installed it in my build.
Assuming that the 375 was his PFD 1 and the 370 was his PFD 2.

My question is how do I bypass the "PFD 1 Not Connected" message and go about configuring?

When you purchased the display did you also get a config module? I think that is required in the PFD.

When I go to the configuration page on the GDU 370 I get this message:. PFD 1 Not Connected.
Background -- I purchased this GDU 370 new from a builder that had this one and a GDU 375 installed in his airplane. Before he even flew the airplane decided to go with the G3X Touch system, so I bought the GDU 370 and installed it in my build.
Assuming that the 375 was his PFD 1 and the 370 was his PFD 2.

My question is how do I bypass the "PFD 1 Not Connected" message and go about configuring?

Hello Terry,

Are you trying to install this GDU 370 in your plane as a standalone MFD without the rest of the G3X system components?

No problem if you are, but you will have to make it forget it was ever installed in a G3X system with a PFD1 if you want to configure it as a standalone MFD.

To do this, power up the GDU 370 MFD while holding in the left softkey, right softkey, and CLR buttons. This will clear the internal memory and the next time you power up you can hold the left softkey and enter MFD configuration mode.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks for the quick responses

I have installed the GDU 370 as a stand alone PFD/MFD with the following components: ADHARS; Engine Monitor, OAT, Magnetometer and Angle of Attack. I did get the configuration module.

Thanks Steve and Darin

I have installed the GDU 370 as a stand alone PFD/MFD with the following components: ADHARS; Engine Monitor, OAT, Magnetometer and Angle of Attack. I did get the configuration module.

Thanks Steve and Darin

Hello Terry,

Given this additional information, the answer is quite different.

You need to install a single jumper wire between pins 10 and 27 to configure this display as PFD1 as shown on page 27-2 of the Rev. AE G3X Installation Manual.

Thanks,
Steve

Back