- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:22 AM

Default Cee Bailey versus Van's

I broke a rear window yesterday when cutting it. I looked at vans and cee Bailey and they are the same price. Is there any noticeable difference once installed (clarity, color, height, etc)? For the same price, I'll skip the risk of breaking it when cutting if they are the same.

RV8 N189DK
RV10 in progress
Old 02-11-2021, 09:07 AM

Default Which window?

I think I have a pair of aft windows that I didnít use. I actually bought the cee Bailey windows.

If you are interested, Iíd make you a deal on them.

I will be away on business until Monday night so it would be early next week before I could get to them.

Let me know if you are interested. The windows are uncut and as received from vans...

RV-10
Phase I COMPLETE!

Dues+ Paid 2020,...Thanks DR+
Old 02-11-2021, 09:12 AM

I'll get back to you. I am going to try to cut the doors within the next few days. Currently I know I need at least one rear window. If I end up screwing the doors up I might go with a tinted set. However, I think I figured out what I did wrong and will likely get the door windows cut with no issues and buy yours.

RV8 N189DK
RV10 in progress
Old 02-11-2021, 09:16 AM

Default Ok

Just let me know...

RV-10
Phase I COMPLETE!

Dues+ Paid 2020,...Thanks DR+
Old 02-12-2021, 10:53 PM

Default Cee baileys difference

I worked with another builder originally to get the cee baileys windscreen and sides windows created for the -10. The cee baileys are within 1/8 of fitting right from the start. The 1/8 was added to allow for difference in molds from vans so the builders could custom shape the last little bit for their plane. I’ve heard of a couple of builders that spent minimal time, less than 30 minutes with the windows as arrived. It’s close, no cutting, just trimming.
I have the windscreen, much better than the vans supplied one. It literally fit “as is” granted my plane was the prototype but with fairings, etc, shouldn’t be much different for any other -10.
As a side note, cee baileys is owned by desser tires, who happens to have a vans section for tires and other items.

If I was going to do it again I would seriously get the tinted rear windows, the rest leave clear. Why? My daughters constantly complained of the sun. when I put a tinted screen on the windows they stopped complaining.
Hope that helps!
Pascal

Last edited by ReidVaitor : 02-12-2021 at 10:58 PM.