What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric Elevator Trim Question

RockyMtnRV

I'm New Here
Afternoon,

Awaiting the emp kit delivery hopefully next month. Planning for the future as I sit idle. Question regarding the Ray Allen T3-12A system. Planning a Garmin G3X display in the future, should I be buying the whole kit or just the servo itself? If I buy the kit would I be wasting money on components that are not used?

Cheers
Ray

electric elevator trim is standard on -10, -12, -14

I'm not a -10 builder but electric elevator trim is standard on the RV-10, -12, and -14 so I would assume the servo will come with your empennage kit.

FYI Vans PN "ES MSTS-T3-12A" is the servo only (despite the photo and text on the web store that speak to other items) but I do assume it will come with your empennage kit.

The T3-12A-TS trim system is included with the empennage, which has the trim servo as well as a switch and indictor light.

While you're thinking.....the stock trim system runs at a speed which is about right for lower airspeeds, like landing and takeoff. But it is inconveniently fast for adjustments in cruise. Many builders plan on a system, either automatic or manual, for slowing the trim motor down in cruise.

Back