What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

leaking aero 20 locking gas caps

jim plaster

Well Known Member
Has anyone come up with an overhaul kit for these fuel caps? I disassembled one and it has two internal smaller orings and the large flange oring. Mine are leaking at the key/lock area

Mine too

Mine are the standard non-locking caps.
Seems to me I saw a replacement O-ring kit somewhere -- maybe Vans or ACS.
I didn't need it at the time, but one of mine leaks now through the center shaft that expands the plug when you close it.

leaking fuel caps

Looks like they have a kit for the non-locking caps. Mine has the retrofit Newton 20 locking caps . Just email the manufacturer in the UK for help on parts.

fuel cap kits

Emailed Newton and he's supposed to get back with me next week. Got a response from A/C Spruce last night....the kit is available via special order from Newton. If anyone else is interested the part number is ohk-z2 and cost $10.50... I tried using Google to view the contents of the kit but nothing shows up there....I guess it's all top secret stuff!

fuel cap leaks

:)Got a response from Newton this morning basically telling me to contact a/c spruce again for help. They also refused to give me manufacturer part numbers on the kit contents....pretty much useless "**** on a boar hog" info.:confused:What ever happened to product support??

Gas Caps

I have the same leak but now in both caps ... I need the kit also !!

I sent a note to ACS and Wicks to see if either one will reply !!

Len
Greensboro, NC

Last edited:
leaking caps

len,where are yours leaking? Mine are/were from the key slots on both caps. Hate to say it BUT...I've fixed both caps until the kits get here...went to Harbor Freight and bought one of their o-ring kits ,disassembled the caps and re-oringed the lock assembly and the main seal on the cap. The third oring appeared fine so I fuel lubed it and reassembled the caps...No Leaks for now...I know its a temp thing but siphoning fuel all over the wing in flight was making a mess..I'm going to get up with the girl at a/c spruce and order several kits since theyre cheap....I'll get spares if you like...jim in winston-salem

aero 20l fuel cap leaks

krw5972.....isn't that cap. These caps are key lock retro caps that use the smaller flange. Look on A/C spruce's site, their part number for the cap is 05-01006 .

Leaking Aero Caps

Jim:

I got a reply from Michelle at Aircraft Spruce. She is placing a special order for the overhaul kit from the manufacturer.

It includes the main seal, the lock seal and a new red plastic retaining clip.

$10.50

Len

Back