What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MGL V16 availability

Flying Canuck

Well Known Member
Patron
Rainier, or anyone else who knows, any idea what the wait time for a V16 at the moment? I'm about to order a V16/N16/Razor combo from mglavionicsusa.com and they show the V16 as available to backorder.

My IFR upgrade is partially funded, so I'll be adding the above gear along with a PMA8000B audio panel and getting ready to install a GPS175 in the spring.

If anyone has any clever ideas on where to place the V16/N16 in a 9A tip up that's getting crowded aft of the sub panel, I'm all ears. I could put them under my front access panels, in the space above my VPX, but that's not ideal. They'
re thin, so maybe a rail under my subpanel ribs.

Last edited:
I put mine under the floor board in my RV-4. I’m sure raniers will chime in but I would guess it’s up to the South African government, they are pretty tightly locked down there.

That's a shame. I placed my order this morning, ACS didn't show it to be too long of a wait, just a couple of weeks. Hope for similar from mglavionicsusa.com

V16 / Razor availability

I ordered a V16 radio with Razor head on September 2nd from ACS. It just shipped today (Nov. 4). The delay was waiting for ACS to get the Razor head in stock.

Back