What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mid-South Area Flyers - Favorite quick trips

ChuckGant

Well Known Member
Hello all,

My father and I are fairly new RV-7 owners, based out of Holly Springs, MS (M41), located just southeast of Memphis. We often like to take quick day trips for lunch, or weekend trips with the wife or kids. So, I have put together a list of airports within about a 250nm range of M41 as a quick reference of cool places to go. I found most of these on funplacestofly.com, as well as a few other sources.

I'm sure there are other great place to go and see, so I was hoping other mid-south flyers would chime in and add their favorite destinations to this post. I will update my list and make it available for download from the link below.

This site has been extremely helpful to us as we have tackled a few challenges of our new airplane, so I wanted to give a little something back. Hopefully you all find this to be a valuable resource.

Fly safe,
Chuck

Good places to fly near Memphis: http://tinyurl.com/zmtbse9

Additions!

Try DRP in Colt, AR. Cheap fuel and you can walk 20 minutes to Mike's for lunch or dinner. A courtesy car is in the works.

Back