What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Formation Wedding !

fixnflyguy

Well Known Member
Rocket%20man%20and%20Casper_zpslofx6aaa.jpg

Kiss_zpss9ycspbk.jpg

Formation_zps7sogb5bd.jpg

A couple months ago, Sheryl and I were making final plans for our wedding day, and it was an easy decision to pick our favorite venue for the special occasion..it had to be in our RV-4 "Casper". On Saturday 4/18/15, at 1100, we pulled it off ! The "wedding party" was a five ship airborne group, F1 Rocket,Cessna 206,Bonanza,Citabria,and our RV-4. Our good friend Scott, whom is a minister and pilot along with our mothers were in the 206 and Bonanza. "We gather here today in formation to celebrate..." was the opening line, and Sheryl and I then read our vows and performed the ring exchange while passing over our home airport of 8A7 (Twin Lakes) at approximately 5280 feet MSL for the "mile high marriage" Since we couldn't do the standard kiss in the -4, the closing lines were " you may now roll your bride"! After landing we had the string of cans hooked to the tailwheel and did a celebratory smokey burnout doughnut for the ramp crowd..what a day!

Congratulations!!

Now that is the first time I have heard of something like this:D:D

What a great idea!!!

Wow!

Bill, I am really happy for you and your bride, Sheryl! Congratulations!

Wish you many happy years together and keep those rolls going!

If you by chance are headed to SNF, be sure to let me know. Would love to see you guys there!

Thanks for sharing! I've been grinning ever since..."You may now roll your bride!":D:D:D

Congrats, and I wish you and your beautiful bride good health, happiness, and fortune...along with continued low aviation fuel prices!:D

Today, we are celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary...but will just have to make airplane noises because our -12 is on the opposite coast.

Last edited:
Congratulations Bill. The wife and I did something similar a few years ago in my Rans S6. The side X side seating made the mile high thing a whole lot easier! But having the RV-4 back then would've been a whole lot cooler!

Great day for you both

Rocket%20man%20and%20Casper_zpslofx6aaa.jpg

Kiss_zpss9ycspbk.jpg

Formation_zps7sogb5bd.jpg

A couple months ago, Sheryl and I were making final plans for our wedding day, and it was an easy decision to pick our favorite venue for the special occasion..it had to be in our RV-4 "Casper". On Saturday 4/18/15, at 1100, we pulled it off ! The "wedding party" was a five ship airborne group, F1 Rocket,Cessna 206,Bonanza,Citabria,and our RV-4. Our good friend Scott, whom is a minister and pilot along with our mothers were in the 206 and Bonanza. "We gather here today in formation to celebrate..." was the opening line, and Sheryl and I then read our vows and performed the ring exchange while passing over our home airport of 8A7 (Twin Lakes) at approximately 5280 feet MSL for the "mile high marriage" Since we couldn't do the standard kiss in the -4, the closing lines were " you may now roll your bride"! After landing we had the string of cans hooked to the tailwheel and did a celebratory smokey burnout doughnut for the ramp crowd..what a day!

Bill and Sheryl,
Congratulations to you both.
May you have many years of happiness together.

Casper was looking good too.
Glad to meet you both.
Dave "Daddyman" Clinthorne

Back