What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thanks GRT & Team Aerodynamix!

RobFloyd

My nephew, Daniel Stevens, enjoyed a flight in the back seat of an RV8 with Team Aerodynamix at Sun-n-Fun Saturday morning as a result of GRT's Facebook contest. Additionally, they had an empty seat that was offered to his sister Elea. Both had a great time getting a taste of flight in an RV and of formation flight. They had telephonically detectable RV grins several hours later!

I just wanted to say thank you to Ben and Katie of GRT Avionics, and Len "Leggs" Leggette and Danny "Speedy" Kight of Team Aerodynamix for making sure they had a fantastic experience, as well as the whole crew at both organizations for making this possible. You guys gave two your people a taste of aviation they will likely never forget!

Here are few cell phone pics they sent me. Thanks again to all who made this possible!

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

Team AeroDynamix Ride

It was my pleasure to be part of that flight! Daniel was having a great time and made it a blast for me! Very nice young man and family!

Leggs

Nothing can equal TA volunteering to fly our three RV-12s Friday morning (around 11:45.) Eagle's Nest Projects will be forever grateful for the time it took for them to check out in our planes, and carry three of the kids who built these fine planes. The three planes were from Indiana (EN-1, flown in by austin Malcomb with his three month old PPL,) EN-3 brought in from Houston by Ernie Butcher, and EN-6, the unpainted RV-12 that flew only one week before the start of SnF.

All of these pilots are special, and certainly our best ambassadors. Mike Stewart even took the time to come over to the Pavilion Wednesday and speak to the students from Circle Christian School (near Orlando) as we gave the certificates recognizing their accomplishment. Lots of memories were made that day, and Friday. I might add that some of them are my memories...

Bob

Nothing can equal TA volunteering to fly our three RV-12s Friday morning (around 11:45.) Eagle's Nest Projects will be forever grateful for the time it took for them to check out in our planes, and carry three of the kids who built these fine planes. The three planes were from Indiana (EN-1, flown in by austin Malcomb with his three month old PPL,) EN-3 brought in from Houston by Ernie Butcher, and EN-6, the unpainted RV-12 that flew only one week before the start of SnF.

All of these pilots are special, and certainly our best ambassadors. Mike Stewart even took the time to come over to the Pavilion Wednesday and speak to the students from Circle Christian School (near Orlando) as we gave the certificates recognizing their accomplishment. Lots of memories were made that day, and Friday. I might add that some of them are my memories...

Bob

Bob, thanks for the kind words. We had such a great time with the kids. Their were so excited and it was contagious. What a great contribution the Eagle's Nest project is making to involve young people that are so vital to keeping aviation thriving.

If ever we can do anything to help please just give us a call.

By the way, what a fun airplane the 12 is. Thanks for the opportunity to fly it.

Bob---You, Ernie, and others are doing a great thing here. I saw the 3 RV12 examples, and they were well done. These young people are getting a great education, not only in airplanes, but life, teamwork, goal setting, and working through to completion.
I, as well as alot of others commend you and your staff of mentors on what you do.

As a Team AeroDynamix Sponsor, it gave me great pride to see the guys take your student builders and pilots up in planes THEY built. I'm certain the conversations over the intercoms were priceless!!!
Thank YOU for all you do!
Tom

Elea,

It was a genuine pleasure taking you up for a formation flight during Sun-n-Fun! We are passionate about flying, and it's always a treat for us to share the experience with someone new. I could see you in my rear view mirrors, and your expression said it all. I agree, this is the coolest thing, ever! I'm glad we had the chance to fly together, and I hope we will see you again next year.

Blue skies,
"Speedy"

Saturday morning was the highlight of my week at SNF... I'm so glad the Team was able to find seats for both Daniel and Elea! Their mother gave a great effort to get them to the airport that morning, so I also want to thank her for that. Daniel's name was drawn as an alternate, and after hearing his enthusiasm over the phone Friday afternoon, all I wanted was for him to get to fly!

As for the Eagles' Nest planes... I can only imagine how access to such a project would have affected me at that age... College choices? Career paths? WOW! :D (Not that there's anything wrong with where I've ended up... but the path to get here would have been a little more direct, I think!)

IMG_20140405_104148428_HDR.jpg

Back