What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Jacks

Len

Well Known Member
Making a set of wing jacks and looking for a set of receptor cups that could be put on the top of the jack and fit the black screw in wing points .. don't remember where I bought black plastic screw ins ... anyone know where to find without me having to make them?

Len

Jack points

I bought carriage bolts from Lowes to screw into the wing. My jack is a tall bottle jack and the shaft terminates in a simple approximate 1 inch rod with a hole drilled through the end. I cut a piece of approximate 1.25 inch steel tube to slide over the rod and extend just above the rod to make the "receptacle". The tube bolted in place through the aforementioned hole in the jack shaft. Wish I had picture, it would be worth the proverbial 1000 words.

I used a lathe to make an adapter that slides down over the jack piston and then used a large (1"?) drill to make a concave receptacle in the other end to accept the jack point. You could also use a drill press to make this part. I bought a set of the plastic jack points, but they look too soft and flimsy. Buy carraige bolts like m981ms says. You can grind the raised marking off the bolt head to make it smooth. I even use a little grease.

FWIW, I found I need to use some boards to angle the jack base a little under the wing, or the angle between the jack and the wing gets kind of high when the wheel finally lifts off the ground.

Back