What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flaperon Mixer Bell Crank Page 32-03, PN# 1263 A&B

Geico266

Well Known Member
Looks like there is a mismatch of part numbers. The print calls out one side as "A" and the other as "B", but they get switched in the drawing right below.

Just a heads up. I sent a e-mail to Vans.

Flaperon Mixer Bell Crank 32-03

Good catch, did Van's reply? Haven't read ahead yet. I'm assuming that the 1st figure with 'A' is correct and not the second one where they switch the designation.
Slane

Vans does not usually reply to each e-mail describing a problem with the planes. It would be a good idea to contact them again.

I noticed this as well and don't think the plans have changed

I noticed this as well when I was putting in my flight controls a few months ago. It was pretty obvious that the labels in the plans were incorrect and so I just put it together the only way that made sense. I did not email Vans but I don't think I have ever seen any revision to this page, despite Larry's discovery having been nearly a year ago. I typically check for page updates prior to starting any section.

I found the same thing

Called Van's tech Suppoprt and got "I don't see exactly what you're talking about. Put it together so it looks right". Look ahead a page and you can pretty much see what it's supposed to be . Yes, the part numbers ARE switched aroung in the drawings but I don't expect to see a revision.

Wayne 120241

Put it together the way it fit best

I didn't notice it until you guys brought it up. I went by fig.1, so I had no problem. Sometimes the perspective of the drawings are confusing even to the point where Van's make mistakes identifying the parts. I suspect when a change is made it will be in the form of an updated page and not a revision change.

Art Pennanen

Back