What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ICom A210 ?

N661DJ

Well Known Member
Question for the Avionics Geru's
Is the Icom 210 a direct replacement for the 200? I wish to upgrade mt 200 for a 210 and do not wish to install a new tray. Also, what is a reasonable $ for a good used 200 with a new 210 tray? Any offers?
Dick

Icom 210

From the Icom web site.

"The IC-A210 neatly fits inside the common mounting brackets used on most airplanes including Icom?s IC-A200". Two types of rear-panel adapters are included, allowing for streamlined plug-in connectivity.

ICOM A210

Dick,

I just finished a 4 month search for a cheap 200/210. The trays are absolutely interchangeable between the two and as for prices...the A200s I have found have all been listed between $600 and $800 (not that they have sold for $800). The A210's...a little harder to come by. Pacific Coast was offering factory refurbs on eBay before Christmas for $895 complete. Gulf Coast currently has one refurb left on eBay for $950(was $995 before I contacted them), but email Ricky there directly and he will match the price of Pac Coast...trust me, I just did it :)

Good Luck,

Will

a200 available?

hi i am interested in the a200 if it is available to put in my aeronca champ. im gonna put a radio in there and use a small motorcycle battery to power it and charge it after every flight. if it is in really good shape i'll give you 400 for it. I know that it is kinda on the low side but I am old and poor and my health is failing. I just gave alot of money to charity and my car just broke down.

Louis

Aeronca champ, rv-10 flying, rv-6 (sold) rv-6 project, looking at tiger moth project, pissed off wife.

Louis

ICOM 210 Replacement For A200

Dick:
No problem, the two units are totally interchangeable. I've done it and upgraded my A200 to an A210 without any issues... Good luck and safe flying.
Randy

I com A200 FS

Thanks for the low ball offers, Will take 1/2 price of new, $600, a "Fair" price, will pay shipping in U.S.
Dick

A210

Thats a great price, perhaps we should buy in Canada.
Gulf Cosat Avionics $1179 USD, AC Spruce $1339 USD.
What am I offered??
Dick

A new A210 is only $990 CDN right now... Surely a used and discontinued A200 isn't worth 2/3 that in US funds...

http://www.cyberpilotshop.com/item533.htm

There are those who'd still argue that the A200 is probably a better unit overall than the A210. Not taking a particular side here, but some would say there as many "misses" to the 210 as there were "hits".

If you want to upgrade from the A200 to the A210, I'd ask what particular piece of functionality are you wanting to gain and is it worth the extra $$'s to have an almost identical radio?

Just playing the devils advocate here....:)

Cheers,
Stein

Back