What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another ContourHD Video

Fun video - I really noticed the green grass! Ours tends to be white around now...

What program did you use to edit it?

Video Editor

The Video editor I use is Adobe Premiere Elements. It has a ton of features and makes the editing quite easy.

Mike, what a pleasant surprise to see my old home airport. Kept my champ there from '79 to '83. Am doing phase I on my -4, got 32hrs, 8 more to go; my first x-country will be to Vine Grove to show Randy and Roger over at E-town. Back then we did Rough River nearly every weekend. See you soon.

Jim Woolf
Hickory, Nc
Rv-4 N17JW
Phase I

Now I can show my wife

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the video. I just visited your home port in September. I was on a long cross country from my home in WA and gave several rides out of there. My wife did not get to go and now I can share one of the more interesting airports with her.

I saw your yellow bird tucked away but did not venture close as I was not invited.

Tim

Vine Grove

Jim, I passed along the info to Randy. He is looking forward to your next visit.

Tim, If I had known you were there we could have had a burger. It is a neat country, old fashioned airport as I am sure you saw.

Mike, what is the resolution of your video you posted in March '08?
Any photos of your bracket?
I am in the porcess of evaluating video camera for my RV-6A.
Thanks, Lothar from Colorado

Camera

Lothar,

The camera was the ContourHD by Vholdr. http://www.vholdr.com/
I believe they have three versions a 720, HD and 1020i. Mine is the HD and you can record at 720 also.

I don't have any pictures of the bracket as it is just a 1x3 inch piece, bent in the middle. I drilled a hole in each side, one for the camera and one for the wing tie down bolt hole and used bolts and washers as needed. I was worried at first that it might vibrate loose but it didn't move at all during two 1 hour flights. This camera has a neat feature in that you can rotate the lens to record on it's side which made making a bracket easy and then just turning the lens 90 degrees.

Other camera options

If you are looking to capture more than 1 angle at a time, you may consider our MotoCam Shockbox system that will give you up to 4 angles at the same time and it's all controlled from inside the cockpit:

PN 11-07112 pic1.jpg

Let me know if you have any camera or mounting questions.... happy to help.

Tim
http://www.MotoCam360.com

Back