What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MGL Razor/V16 & G3X Touch

ColoradoSolar

Well Known Member
Is anyone using the Razor and V16 with the G3X Touch? If so can you toggle the flip/flop by touching the active freq on the G3X?

don''t know about the G3X, but I have one hooked to a skyview system and it works just like that. select the freq on the dynon and it sends it to the radio. the dynon sends it to the standby in the V16 and I have to push the knob on the razor to put it in the active window, but that is also how the dynon radios work with skyview. the V16 uses the SL-30 protocol and works just like the SL-30 does,now. I might have been the first to use a V16 with the skyview and found there was a bug in the software on certain freqs. a couple of emails to later a patch appeared in my inbox and on their web page and it workes perfect. I really like the radio and will probably add a N16 to my plane.

Last edited:
don''t know about the G3X, but I have one hooked to a skyview system and it works just like that. select the freq on the dynon and it sends it to the radio. the dynon sends it to the standby in the V16 and I have to push the knob on the razor to put it in the active window, but that is also how the dynon radios work with skyview. the V16 uses the SL-30 protocol and works just like the SL-30 does,now. I might have been the first to use a V16 with the skyview and found there was a bug in the software on certain freqs. a couple of emails to later a patch appeared in my inbox and on their web page and it workes perfect. I really like the radio and will probably add a N16 to my plane.

In my system the SL30 protocol works but does not allow flip/flop. When I try the GTR200 or GTR225 protocols the G3X can still read the frees from the Razor but I have no control from the G3X to the Razor (can't even set the standby freq)

I too like the radio, I just wish it worked better with the G3X.

I see you posted on the mil forum, but have you sent an email to rainiers? He fixed the issue I had as soon as we figured out what was not talking correctly.

Back