What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Displaying % power, ROP, Peak, and LOP on G3x

Mark33

Well Known Member
Can a G3x touch user tell me how to find and display, power percentage (%) and show if I?m running ROP, Peak, or LOP as part of the parameters shown on my engine page? The D-180 that was originally in my panel would display these features and were very handy. I?m sure this is something that the G3x touch can display and has to be in the configuration mode settings, but I can?t find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ask the G3Xperts via email

Ask the G3Xperts via email. They are really great at answering these questions.
But I happen to know that our G3x didn't show % PWR until we specified engine type and what HP you have in the config mode.

I have all of those parameters listed in the profile in the configuration settings, but no joy on the display. I sent G3Xperts an email and I?m patiently awaiting a reply. Hopefully I?ll hear back from them by tomorrow.

EIS Settings

Can a G3x touch user tell me how to find and display, power percentage (%) and show if I?m running ROP, Peak, or LOP as part of the parameters shown on my engine page? The D-180 that was originally in my panel would display these features and were very handy. I?m sure this is something that the G3x touch can display and has to be in the configuration mode settings, but I can?t find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark,

In Configuration mode, touch Engine & Airframe. Choose the tab at the top of the page labeled Settings. Choose Engine Power. From this page, you will need to enter the Engine Type, Max Rated Horsepower, and Max Power RPM. Touch the Save button.

Now select the EGT information screen, within the same Engine & Airframe section. There is a button labeled Lean Assist. You can enable/disable this setting to make Lean Assist available on the EIS page of the MFD.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Justin

Mark,

In Configuration mode, touch Engine & Airframe. Choose the tab at the top of the page labeled Settings. Choose Engine Power. From this page, you will need to enter the Engine Type, Max Rated Horsepower, and Max Power RPM. Touch the Save button.

Now select the EGT information screen, within the same Engine & Airframe section. There is a button labeled Lean Assist. You can enable/disable this setting to make Lean Assist available on the EIS page of the MFD.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks a lot Justin, I?ll go back in to confirm the settings. I know I didn?t have the ?lean assist? configured and I was also wondering about that feature as well.

Thanks again!

Back