What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Formation with my buddy...

RV8Squaz

Well Known Member
I hope he pulls it back a bit...

30jkwt0.jpg

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

It's a very special situation to have the Blue Angels at our little airport, KFFC, Falcon Field in Peachtree City, GA. The Blues and T-Birds normally do much larger airports and military bases. This is the first time we've had them here during the Great Georgia air show. My guess is with all the aviation in the area, someone must have had the right connections!

In any case, we're glad they're here. It's just so unusual, because there is barely any place to park them and all their stuff after all the tents and vendors have set up. Fat Albert, the two Blue Angel spares, and their equipment were parked just a couple hundred feet from our hangar. I had just pushed out my airplane when we noticed they started to tow #4. I still had my towbar connected and pulled my plane back so they can pass and one of my friends was quick with the camera.

It was a great opportunity to have them here. We also had Sean D. Tucker in the Oracle biplane, Mike Goulian in the Extra, the jet Waco, and others. Our group, The Falcon Field RV Squadron put on a couple of great pre-airshow formation fly-bys. All in all, it was a great day yesterday!

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE

Vlad,

That was a surprise attack! When were you at Falcon Field? That's cool. I never knew. In any case, it was nice meeting you at your airport.

Jason,

Thank you for the compliment. One of my favorite BBQ spots is in Blairesville. Jim's Smokin Que was awesome! Nice airport you have there

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE

Last edited:
Vlad,

Bummer I missed you. I was either at OSH or working then. It looks like you had a great time with the Falcon Field RV Squadron!

When I saw you at your field, I went up and back in one day to go look at that Twin Comanche. 9.2 hours in my plane and 0.8 in the TwinCo for a nice even 10 hours of flying. Definitely a majic carpet!

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE

Jerry I will be transitioning your vicinity on Nov 29th northbound. Let's congregate for a cup of coffee at some airstrip nobody knows. :)

Back