Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2020, 10:46 AM

Wow, this is pretty disappointing, that this has been known about since at least 2010, was written about by Justin Twilbeck on his blog in 2012, and still not fixed in the plans today.

About a week ago, we finished riveting the bottom fuse skins on. While I was searching for something completely different online, I came across Justin's blog post, and had a sinking feeling a monster had crept up on me while I wasn't looking. I turned and looked over my shoulder, and right there, not five feet away, F-1015A was happily waving its joggled flange at me, from OUTSIDE the 1004D channel.

After collecting myself, I read further into Justin's blog post, and discovered his notes on dimpling the holes in 1015A, that are also not included in the plans.

After that, I did a search here at VAF on 1015A and came up with this thread.

I really wish I didn't feel like I have to google each and every part number and plans page for a "gotcha" before proceeding.

My brief post on my builder's blog: https://www.brunbergs.net/2020/12/22/beware-page-26-5/

Last edited by 1001001 : 12-22-2020 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added link to my blog in hopes of getting more exposure for this plans issue.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:57 PM

Do we dimple all holes on the web of the f1015A or only a certain set of them? I got the flange on the proper side but didn't dimple anything yet. Bottom skin isn't on yet so I'm hoping a hand squeezer can dimple everything.