What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Foreflight and Bluetooth

Zazoos

Well Known Member
My setup.
Dynon HDX with Garmin GMA 245.
IPad Pro 11 running Foreflight with Sentry.

My phone is bluetoothed to the GMA 245.
Sentry is bluetoohed to the IPad Pro 11 with Foreflight.

Can all the above bluetoothed items remain and bluetooth the Ipad to the GMA 245? Would everything still be connected? Trying to get the Foreflight Audible Alerts into my headset.

If not I guess I could bluetooth the Ipad to my Zulu Headset but would it still be connected to the Sentry? Wish I was still 12 years old and had a better grasp on this magical bluetooth technology.

Thanks

Bottom line is you have to try it. Bluetooth is a bit of a wildcard with respect to multiple connections.

My setup.
Dynon HDX with Garmin GMA 245.
IPad Pro 11 running Foreflight with Sentry.

My phone is bluetoothed to the GMA 245.
Sentry is bluetoohed to the IPad Pro 11 with Foreflight.

Can all the above bluetoothed items remain and bluetooth the Ipad to the GMA 245? Would everything still be connected? Trying to get the Foreflight Audible Alerts into my headset.

If not I guess I could bluetooth the Ipad to my Zulu Headset but would it still be connected to the Sentry? Wish I was still 12 years old and had a better grasp on this magical bluetooth technology.

Thanks

Sentry uses WiFi, not bluetooth. I can't speak to the GMA 245, but I can tell you that the iPad will definitely communicate with the Sentry over WiFi while also connected to your headset via Bluetooth. I suspect if the GMA 245 can connect to your iPad via Bluetooth, that will get you the audio that you're seeking, while the Sentry/ForeFlight combo will provide the actual audio alerts.

Sentry uses WiFi, not bluetooth. I can't speak to the GMA 245, but I can tell you that the iPad will definitely communicate with the Sentry over WiFi while also connected to your headset via Bluetooth. I suspect if the GMA 245 can connect to your iPad via Bluetooth, that will get you the audio that you're seeking, while the Sentry/ForeFlight combo will provide the actual audio alerts.

You are 100% correct about the WIFI and not bluetooth connection.

Sorry, that is what I get for flying from the armchair this evening and dreaming about the next flight.

Thank you,

Back