What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon EFIS-D10a EMS-10 AP74 HS34 SL30 496 wiring with an eye towards adding a Garmin

Ratdog

I'm adding a HS34 and an AP74. I was wondering if anyone has done this combo: Dynon EFIS-D10a EMS-10 AP74 HS34 SL30 496. Thinking of removing the 496 and replacing it with with a GPS175. Will it work with the legacy Dynon stuff? Any diagrams? Thank you!

Ratdog

Email me at [email protected], and will send you some diagrams that will work.

And to answer your question about the GPS175, it will work fine with the old Dynon stuff.

Brian

Last edited:
Same info as Brian, I have D-100, D-120, HS34, SL30, GNX 375 and Aera 760, all works fine. You might want to consider adding the 760 to give you a larger screen for the G 175 display output for charts etc. and for the frequency upload to the SL30, it can also drive the A/P in RS232 mode.
I used some of Brians diagrams (from the Dynon forum) as a starting point, I also decided to get the 375 harness from Stein as the high density connectors seems a bit more challenging than regular DB connectors.
Figs

Back