What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric flap plans

echostar7

My 6 has electric flaps and the thumb drive of plans I got from vans does not seem to have the plans for this optional install. Can anyone send me the plans for this. I need to see how it is supposed to be done since I probably will be pulling out my show planes flap position sys since they still are not working correctly.

elec flaps

I just installed the showplanes elec flaps. Mine works really well. ctc showplanes. You would need to remove the switch, sensor and brains. It would take longer than fixing it. The old switch is a momentary on off on. It just switched the 12v from one wire to the other on the flap motor. You could feel the flaps bind when they reached max.

Last edited:
Possibly, but we haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with the showplanes system, I have talked to showplanes and it isn't really something that can be worked on over the phone they just said to verify the grounding and that it is installed correctly, that there is voltage on the lead going to the motor.

What it is doing is not what is described in the manual. You have to hold the switch to get the flaps to actuate instead of momentary press and while holding the flap switch down it will go to 10 deg. Pause for a quarter second or so and then go to 20 deg. And won't go any further, the motor just shuts off at 20.

flaps

If you are attaching the grounds to the airframe in the flap area, I would put in place a temporary jumper to a good ground (negative bat terminal) and check everything out.

OP-10 is wiring diagram RV-6, 7, 8, 9

I vote for fixing the ShowPlanes system but if it's the wiring diagram you are looking for it's OP-10 on your RV-6 thumbdrive. It shows a DPDT (on)-off-(on) switch.

it turns out one of the screws holding down the panel on the flap actuator tunnel was stopping the actuator. so now it will go down to 40. but still it does not work how its supposed to per the showplanes manual (1 press for each setting to 10,20,40) have to hold the switch down to get the flaps to move..

…it will go down to 40. but still it does not work how its supposed to per the showplanes manual (1 press for each setting to 10,20,40) have to hold the switch down to get the flaps to move..

Maybe the flap control box is not seeing the extend micro switch, the two white wires.

Last edited:
Back