What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans Gascolator

Rv3Dave

Anyone have the dimensions for Vans Gascolator. I am trying to see if it will fit on my 3's firewall without interference with engine mount. Also would like distance between mounting holes

Thanks

Happen to have one laying on the bench: 2 1/2 W X 2 5/8 D X 3 1/2 H, without fittings. Mounting holes center distance is approx 1 7/8"

Larry

Last edited:
Welcome to VAF!

And welcome to the RV-3 builders, too. How about some photos in the RV-3 section?

Thanks!
Dave
RV-3B wings done, now on fuselage

Thanks for the welcome, I do not have one of the required photo accounts to post pictures. I am on the finishing kit. A few items that might be of interest,
Sky view system including ADSB, O320 from PennYan, front rv8 style baggage compartment, slider (just starting fabrication).

It wasn't your question, but...

Fuselage header tank or wing tanks? If you're building with wing tanks only, be aware that the gascolator will not be the low point in your fuel system (but it will be at one of the hottest spots in the plane). So if you were to include a fuel filter somewhere else in the fuel supply path...

FWIW,

Charlie

Will it fit ?

The wreck I bought for parts had a gascolator with conical mount. I used an inline filter suggested by others for the new build.

Back