What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Radio Interference

PH-SCP

Well Known Member
Hi guys,

Just installed a new COM Radio (Dynon SV ComPanel/V8.33), hooked up to the Dynon Skyview Touch System.

With the engine off, the reception is good but with the engine running there is a lot of interference. The aircraft is equipped with an electronic ignition. Could this interfere with the reception of VHF signals ? If so, what would be the fix ?
I have the impression that my transmissions are all received by ground stations.

Any input would be very welcome.
Thanks !

Had exactly the same problem. Dynon support suggested adding extra chassis ground which I tried without any success. Next call to support I was informed that this is a known problem and a fix is in the works, they also authorized a return and cross shipped a replacement radio which has worked flawlessly.

You can try increasing the squelch in the SV setup. I had to do this after installing LED landing lights. Went from 50% to 74% to get the noise to go away. Planning to install shielded wires at some point to quiet the noise back down.

If adjusting squelch helps, it might point to some similar noise that you can locate by turning things off (e.g. alternator).

Shielded ignition wires and resistor-type plugs should eliminate most of that.

I had this same problem with my system. Do yourself a favor and send it back to Dynon *if of course you have tried all the grounding and filtering advise. Dynon was amazing with customer service and replaced my unit twice. The first time it definitely improved but did not resolve the issue 100%. I called them back and stated exactly that. They sent me a second unit, with a higher serial number - not sure if it matters too much, and this second unit definitely took care of the problem. The radio now works flawlessly, no static, no interference, no issues!
Hi guys,

Just installed a new COM Radio (Dynon SV ComPanel/V8.33), hooked up to the Dynon Skyview Touch System.

With the engine off, the reception is good but with the engine running there is a lot of interference. The aircraft is equipped with an electronic ignition. Could this interfere with the reception of VHF signals ? If so, what would be the fix ?
I have the impression that my transmissions are all received by ground stations.

Any input would be very welcome.
Thanks !

Last edited:
Back