What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N33EY First Flight

RYOUNG

Well Known Member
RV-3B N33EY flew for the first time on Nov 03. WOW! What an experience. Reminded me of my first flight in the F-16.
Robert Young
SHARES

Last edited:
Delighted to learn this. Way to go!

Pics:
First, shrink them down to 800 pixels wide or high.

For mine, I upload them here:
http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload

Then the second link down, "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards," copy that link, and paste it into my VAF posting. That's it.

Dave

First flight rv3

Congratulations Robert
What motor prop combination have you got. How did your empty weight go? It took me six years and eight months to build mine which was completed in June And I am so pleased to own such a great aircraft.
Steve Lenne
Streak shadow (sold)
Jabiru 55,3j
Rv3

Thanks, Steve. I have an O-320h2ad lycoming 160 hp 0 SMOH. That alone probably added 6 months to the build due to mag firewall interference, non-standard baffling, fuel line routing, different engine mount, mods to upper cowl, etc. However it is really running well with plenty of power. Prop is a 2-bladed Catto. Empty weight is 810 pounds and c.g. is right in the middle of the envelope. Manual trim, no lights (day VFR only), manual flaps, GRT Sport EFIS, and EIS, backup airspeed and altimeter, Becker VHF and transponder. Painted with PPG Delfleet Essential single stage polyurethane black and white with vinyl letters/numbers/insignia. All-in-all I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Robert

Robert
That all sounds very familiar except I fitted an io320 superior from aerosport with a two blade GA whirlwind prop. The rv3 is a test for anybody to build but fitting a non standard engine just adds to your achievement; well done .
My first flight was even more exciting as I had the prop set at 21 degrees pitch and left the ground at 3000 ft/min and when I levelled out the engine revs sailed past 2700. I don't really know the climb rate as that was the max on page I was using on the AFSeffis. I have no analogue instruments. My c of g is right in the middle and my honest empty weight is 827 lbs. manual everything, tail strobe and led landing light in the wing.
Steve Lenne

Back