What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best SC/NC seafood stops

David Carter

Well Known Member
Patron
Looking for recommendations for best coastal airports with easy access for a great seafood lunch. Planning a day flight from ATL area & back. I've flown to Jekyll multiple times, so looking to get out of that rut.

Thanks in advance!

It’s a long flight from ATL but a flight out to Ocracoke (W95) and eating at Howard’s is always a nice day. Coming from ATL I would recommend you spend the night at one of the B&B’s and make it a two day trip.
G

I’m just east of ATL……

You say food….KGGE…. one of the two bought a little fuel… go to Buzz’s Roost, or Big Tuna.

KBQK , go into Darrien, Skippers Fish Camp close to KSSI, but Skippers is great, Manning aviation tops !

KARW, use Yelp to pick a place.

Also KMYR, many to choose from….. ENJOY.

I fly for breakfast mainly, nice lunches makes for poor performance.

Cape Fear Regional/Southport

While not a "walk" from the airport, Flying into Cape Fear Regional and Uber/Courtesy car? to Southport, where there are a handful to choose from. great little town, Fishy Fishy Cafe, Provisions and American Fish Company are couple favorites.

A little farther south but in-range. The Florida House in Fernandina Beach Florida.

Havn't been in a few years but it was a great dining experience. Last there it was come in, be seated in-cue at one of a few large tables (maybe 10-12 seats ea). Serving was family style bowls of food, standard was fried chicken plus one other meat, all you can eat. There may be fish on their menu - I know they have a web site to check for current offerings.

At Fernandina A/P, had use of a courtesy car, need to check for availability > or maybe an Uber.

Back