What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Zigzagging Southwest. What to see?

How bad were the Vegas charges?

Airport charges totaled $100 for one night. Service was top notch highly recommended. I had a motel6 room just across the road I could see my RV parked at Atlantic. Room was for cheap, I topped off at Boulder City so overall expenses were manageable.

Henderson costs...

Airport charges totaled $100 for one night. Service was top notch highly recommended. I had a motel6 room just across the road I could see my RV parked at Atlantic. Room was for cheap, I topped off at Boulder City so overall expenses were manageable.

We chose Henderson. They provided free limo service to our hotel, however we had taxi expense when we returned to the airport, since airport shuttles don't seem to serve Henderson. That was an almost $50 expense.

The gas was not that expensive (about $6 per gallon) by US standards, but really cheap by Canadian standards, so that did not hurt as much . They had a 12 gallon minimum for waiving the overnight fee (don't recall, but it was something like $10 per night), and we managed to stuff that amount into our tanks.

Edit: corrected per gallon price at Henderson.

Last edited:
We chose Henderson. They provided free limo service to our hotel, however we had taxi expense when we returned to the airport, since airport shuttles don't seem to serve Henderson. That was an almost $50 expense.

The gas was expensive (about $7 per gallon) by US standards, but relatively cheap by Canadian standards, so that did not hurt as much . They had a 12 gallon minimum for waiving the overnight fee (don't recall, but it was something like $10 per night), and we managed to stuff that amount into our tanks.

Yes, Hendserson was $10 a night, and one night free if you bought fuel - even if you used the Self Serve pump.

It also looks like Henderson is not much more that other airports in the area for 100LL - $5.99 SS

http://www.airnav.com/fuel/local.html use KHND

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction Gil. Looks like my memory is fading a little more these days:rolleyes:

It may not be... 100LL prices are changing up and down rapidly so the price is usually dependant on when they bought the last load, rather than current local area prices.

Two weeks ago our wholesale price quote went down 20 cents, and then up 10 cents the next week.

Last edited:
Prices rarely match listed

What I noticed here in deep south west the prices on FF don't look correct in some locations. It may be the case Gil is talking about loads. It feels kind of robbed expecting listed $5.49 but in reality $6.something.:D

What I noticed here in deep south west the prices on FF don't look correct in some locations. It may be the case Gil is talking about loads. It feels kind of robbed expecting listed $5.49 but in reality $6.something.:D

For the refueling spots I used during our last x-country, Foreflight was spot-on with the pricing.

Great idea

That's a great idea!

Vlad, between you, Rosie and Scott Schmidt you could create a great pilot's travel site, complete with pics, advise on where to land, what to see, where to eat, where to stay . . . etc. Basically a Fodor's guide to flying the Northeast, Bahamas and desert west. You could use the typical banner advertising model.

Vlad,

With your experience and great photos you really can write a tour book for pilots!

Thank you gentlemen. The trip wouldn't be that interesting without this RV fraternity we have here. I received tons of great suggestions while planning and on the go great bunch of hospitable folks are here.

Jae you've been some places I dream to visit. My APRS setup is very simple. A BigRedBee tracker and a comm antenna on top fuse. A ham expert reprogrammed it for me I forgot exactly how.

Yes, there will be a little trip write up. I need couple days to sort out the pictures.

Back