What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Meet Stella!

jjconstant

Well Known Member
Hi All

I finally got Stella's tail art on and got some air to air time with Barry Weber flying photo ship Cover Girl (RV4) and Ray McCrea strapped in facing backward with his cameras.

My wife Sharon designed the paint scheme and tail art and has flown with me 3 times since Stella's been painted. Each time, a compliment has come over the radio, so Sharon's been enjoying the fruits of her talents too!

vhz4ux.jpg

357k66o.jpg

vhsqaq.jpg

all best

Jeremy Constant
RV7A 170hrs

WOW!!!

Right click, set as desktop background.

Thanks

That is a fantastic looking paint job, both of you should be very proud.

Were you here at Cameron Park recently?? Maybe looking at a warbird project?

How about a close up of the tail art?

Last edited:
Tail-art

Incredible. It looks alive. Very cool.

Yes, looking for a close up of the tail art.

WOW!!!

Jeremy that is AWESOME!!! tell your wife she has a career if she wants to follow it up. One thing for sure, everyone will know who has just arrived :D

Nice!!!

Very nice!!! Shouldn't have any trouble being seen.

Does it come with a volume control?:eek::eek:

Great job by both of you!!

I love Stella!

Very nice paint job and a tribute to a wonderful story. Good job!

I have given a copy of the book and a stuffed Stella to every young child I buy present for. So cool that you put Stella into your plane. Your wife has very good taste! (Probably in more than one way.)

OK, now I want to hear the Stella stry,m and the connection JJ! It is an amazing thing to see your creation take on a finished look, and we join you in the joy of accomplishment. Fantastic job!

I had the privilege of meeting Stella last month (minus the tail art, which really is the pièce de résistance). Let me tell you boys....The pictures really don't convey how beautiful she really is!

As a friend of mine from the UK is wont to say..."A proper job, indeed"!

Stella

Jeremy:

Stella looks beautiful against the green hills around Livermore!

I remember meeting you and some of the other guys building there at KLVK 3 or 4 years ago while you were still building. I was visiting my son in Oakland and tied my RV-8 down there for a week or so. She's come a long way since then!

Best regards and safe travels in Stella!

Raising the bar again!!

Wow!! You have just raised the bar real high. Got my vote for best in show.

Squeak
RV8a

tail art close up

Just got back to the computer...wow, thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

Mike: yup, I was up visiting Chuck Wahl. I hadn't seen him since he was restoring the T28. He won Oshkosh Grand Champion warbird with the SNJ in the interim! It's amazing what he's doing now. I'm sorry I didn't think to look you up. We'll make it happen.

Darwin: I'm a musician. It only goes to 11:D (I hope you're a Spinal Tap fan!)

Louise and Paul: It really is fun when two outgoing planes land in the same place at the same time! I joke that we were going to call her "Wallflower"! When Sharon and I were first mulling over the scheme, I gravitated toward the golden era racing schemes with the bat wing scalloped trailing edges like the Gee Bee. Sharon took it and it evolved into what it is with several iterations from Scheme Designers, seeing that we were going to have to have a mask made for painting. When it was time to name her, the bat elements were clear and Sharon always bought and read Stella Luna to all the nieces and nephews so it was an easy decision. It has the added benefit that whenever I open the hangar doors I can yell "STELLAAAAAAA!" in my best Brando impression:D

Now for goodness sake Louise, read Stella Luna to Paul! It would be great if Stella and Tsam could meet. I'm sure they would be great friends.

Thanks to everyone for the great welcome that Stella is getting.

5pfucj.jpg

All Best

Jeremy Constant

I'm sure they'll meet

I'm sure that Stella and Tsam will meet some time in the next couple of years since we'll just be over the hill in Dayton. I've had a flight to Golden West in the back of my mind for awhile but everything will have to break just right to do it. Unfortunately, you would not meet the three of us if that happens as only one of us will fit into the -3!

Enjoy Stella. She's fabulous.

Gorgeous

Very nice looking RV7a. The paint jobs just keep getting better and better. Congratulations Jeremy

I'm sure that Stella and Tsam will meet some time in the next couple of years since we'll just be over the hill in Dayton.

An air-to-air photo of Stella and Tsam side by side each other sure would be the winning ticket to replace the old default vansairforce.com opening webpage image of Danny King's Beautiful Doll, eh? :p

Incredible finish to a very nice plane, Jeremy! You have definitely raised the bar. I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations!

Back