What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot tube mast with installed bottom skin

snoop9erdog

Well Known Member
My question is what did you do to get the bottom skin to slide over the flap bracket in the notch of the skin and then still be able to slide the skin over the close clearance opening for the pitot mast?
Did you cut a slit in the small width at the skin where It would just fit around the flap bracket after already having slid the skin over pitot mast hole? Or another method? I’m finding that once I slide the skin in over the bracket I’m unable to slide skin cutout over the mast. Suggestions

left pitot mast loose

If I remember correctly, when I did this I left the pitot mast loose, so I could fit the skin over the flap brackets, then I riveted the pitot mast later. I have a Dynon mast, fitted outboard of the aileron bellcrank inspection panel. The final riveting was done either through the inspection opening, or from the outboard side of the skin with the skin bent away from the ribs.

Install the mast thru the inspection hole after the skin has been riveted in place. That's how I planned mine and it worked fine.

Back