What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Metal Prop Spinner?

RE: Spinner

I'm going through that info. at this time. I have found out (through Harmon) that the Beech 24 spinner, model# A-2298-2(P) would work, P- is for polished, the diameter is 13". I'm having a hard time finding the diameter of the spinner in Hartzel's site. A couple of other numbers that might work, A-2297, A-2297(P), this is found on Sam James' site.

Hope that helps a bit,

Steve

I have the 2295 (P) and found it on ebay for, get this...

$70!

I would have paid fifteen beans if I had to. I think it looks THAT good!

The 2295 has the pointy shape that I think looks best. Kinda like a retro bra from the fifties!

;) CJ

Have a look at Cummins spinners www.cumminsspinners.com
They are based here in Australia and make Metal spinners for the RV. I had a quote for a 13" spinner of $450AUD. I beleive it is $50 - $ 60 for shipping to the US.

Mick

Yah sooo... this is lookin' pretty good. Had ta share...

Spinnah.jpg

What cha think?

:) CJ

Nope.

Those big gaps around the prop shank will cost you speed...as well as the lip around the opening creating turbulence. The tighter the spinner is fitted to the prop, the faster you'll go....thanks to the late Paul Lipps for that info.

Best,

Steve, Pierre is right. It needs to be fitted with the cowling.

Pierre, I like the way this looks so much, I am willing to take a .325 knot hit.

:) CJ

Back