What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring Red Cube Question

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
Are people using the wiring coupling fittings that come with the red cube to connect wires? They are little fittings where a wire slides in from each side and then tighten down a hex nut to lock the wires in place.

Apparently Stein Air says to use them--according to a rv-14 builders log I found. Not sure if I will change out the ends on the EGTs and CHTs.

thanks

I?ve used these.. They are tested, small, secure, very easy to use, and if you got them with your red cube, they?re free. What?s not to like? Put a piece of heat shrink over it and nobody will know - plus, it actually does work quite well. Plus it?s very easy to remove your red cube for service if you ever need to (..um... some people here have had to do that.)

Mine came with slide-together spade connectors. I slid a piece of heatshrink over each one after assembly and have had no problems yet in 200hr of flying...

I think the discussion is about the EI connectors, little maroon colored cylinders with a allen set screw to lock down the wires. I thought I would like them, but after use decided to use spade connectors. Unless you stager the connections they take up too much overall space and I didn't like the allen screw, but it is personal preference in the end.

Back