What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 first flight

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Together with Francesco 'Franz' Dante I spent a couple of days in Sassuolo airfield near Bologna - Italy to assist and perform the first flight of 83341. The airfield is really close to Ferrari Company (yes that Ferrari).

Franz was at the controls for the first flight that occurred on August 28, 2015.

The airplane sports a brand new Lycoming IO-360-M1B, Propeller Hartzell Two Blade HC-C2YR-1N/N7605-2 with Hartzell 15" Spinner , ShowPlanes cowl and canopy with fastback conversion kit, EFIS Garmin G3X touch GDU 460, 2 axis AP and XPDR Garmin GTX-23ES, Skyrich Battery Lithium Ion Battery, COM Radio Icom IC-A210, two E-MAG P.Model Magneto with Ei Commander monitor, PS Engeneering PM1000II Intercom, GPS Garmin 795, ACK-04 ELT, Seats from Aero Classic Design with 5 points Hooker Harness safety belts.

She weighs 1120 lbs (empty CG 77,87 inches). The builders/owners Vincenzo Palumbo, Massimo Carani and Fabrizio Giovanardi spent 2,5 years with a QB kit working together in a small but suitable hangar in their airfield.

Now in Italy the 8 family has another little bird and, as a rule, Rvs are 'Friends Maker'.

takeoff.jpg

firstslanding.jpg

testpilot.jpg

RV_grins.jpg

panel.jpg

fastback.jpg

friends.jpg

Congratulations!!

Congrats on the fledgeling:D

Love the Show Planes fastback conversion!!!

Complimenti!

Bene! I can't think of anything better than Italy and an RV. Keep 'em flying!

Congratulations

Wonderful RV-8, these planes are so much fun! Great to see the flock grow in Italy.

Cheers

Possible visit on monday?

Hello!
Sorry to bother you , but we are traveling in your area this Monday. Do not know your schedule, I can assume you are quite busy. No worries!! If you are ever in independence,Oregon---7S5 -- stop in! About 1 hour from the Van's factory.BTW great job on your projects!

Luca...

...It means a lot to us here to see your outpost of the RV world in Italia...
My spouse and I have fond memories of the people and country of Italy when we visited you in 2006. Very impressed with your train system. Almost as fast as your RV-8....

If you ever need a visit in the US. we are 15 mins from Van's and 30 mins from
Evergreen, the home of the "spruce Goose".

Thank you Jerry !

Oregon visit ? Yes it's in my Bucket List, hope soon.

Bye

:)

...It means a lot to us here to see your outpost of the RV world in Italia...
My spouse and I have fond memories of the people and country of Italy when we visited you in 2006. Very impressed with your train system. Almost as fast as your RV-8....

If you ever need a visit in the US. we are 15 mins from Van's and 30 mins from
Evergreen, the home of the "spruce Goose".

Last edited:
Back