What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help Neeed Advanced Flight Services EFIS

Robert Sailor

Well Known Member
I'm technically a moron...I have the 5600 AFS EFIS and I just had the new software downloaded but I have a question....

I'm trying to get into the Electronic Circuit Breaker Page...its on page 92 of the new manual however there is no direction in how to acquire the page.
I tried hitting "check" and I can see "elect" on the menue along with other items however it is not lit up and can't be chosen. Could someone please help me on this please. Cheers...R:)

I'm technically a moron...I have the 5600 AFS EFIS and I just had the new software downloaded but I have a question....

I'm trying to get into the Electronic Circuit Breaker Page...its on page 92 of the new manual however there is no direction in how to acquire the page.
I tried hitting "check" and I can see "elect" on the menue along with other items however it is not lit up and can't be chosen. Could someone please help me on this please. Cheers...R:)

There are two types of electronic circuit breakers. Make sure you have the correct one selected and validate the license key is still installed.

Thanks, remember your dealing with a technical moron...I'm only aware of one type of electronic circuit breaker in AFSystems. I don't know what a license key is? :)

Do you have our Advanced Control Module (ACM) or Vertical Power VPX unit?

Is this a new install ?

Who wired the panel?

Which serial port is your ACM or VPX wired to in the EFIS?

Do you have the EFIS serial port configured for the ACM or VPX module?

Have you configured the SET > CAL > Electrical Configuration for the ACM or VPX?

If you have a VPX have you entered the EFIS software License key in the EFIS?

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

Last edited:
Thanks Rob. You’ve helped me out in the past, thanks again for that. I had a computer savvy friend download/install the new software, including update on base maps and a new subscription to Seattle Avionics charts…everything seems to be working. I recently had a problem with the alternator, so I read the new manual and couldn’t find directions how to access the Electronic Circuit Breakers. Attached please find an entry into the US logs by Daniel W Stark….hopefully this information helps. R

Attachments

• 57FFCFA2-D8AD-4704-A6D9-31473803AA1D.jpg
    57FFCFA2-D8AD-4704-A6D9-31473803AA1D.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 156
You don't have Electronic Circuit Breakers, VPX or ACM so the ELEC page is grayed out.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

Hey Rob,
Sorry to be a pain, I really don't understand what kind of system was installed here. You are spot on...if I select "check" and then go to electric it is exactly like you said...greyed out.
I have a breaker switch for my landing lites but no way for me to control a breaker on say a radio....the only other thing I have that's electrical is this little black/white screen with a dimmer switch...I don't have a clue what it is or what it does....if anything.
Are you telling me that everything I have is not protected by any kind of breaker system?
I hope that's not the case! R

Attachments

• IMG_6515.JPG
    IMG_6515.JPG
    666.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_6516.JPG
    IMG_6516.JPG
    649 KB · Views: 108
Elec Ckt Bkr

That panel looks like the EXPBus system. It uses a PC board about 4" by 6" and it has electronic "fuses" on the board for each function. These automatically heal the fuse when the load is removed (usually by opening the switch controlling that function) or by cutting off the master switch for 10 or 15 seconds. There is no way I know of for it to be controlled by or monitored by an EFIS. That panel is the only way to see what is open.
Ed

Thank you very much EDCLEE and ROB….I really appreciate that information. I have a friend that can school me now that I understand what I have there. I took a 20 year hiatus from flying and when I got back the changes in avionics and electrical was mind boggling.
Very cool stuff available these days. Thanks again. R

Back