What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for ideas

p51dplt

Well Known Member
Hey guys,

I'm looking for ideas as to how and where/how you put your switch and breaker panels. I am looking to upgrade my current panel to a full Dynon suite coupled with a Garmin 430W. Layout and flow is important and I am looking for ideas on what you like/dislike and why.

Thanks for the photos and ideas!

Cheers,
Brant

Simple Layout

Hey guys,

I'm looking for ideas as to how and where/how you put your switch and breaker panels. I am looking to upgrade my current panel to a full Dynon suite coupled with a Garmin 430W. Layout and flow is important and I am looking for ideas on what you like/dislike and why.

Thanks for the photos and ideas!

Cheers,
Brant

Brant,

This layout might seem too simplistic for an experienced war-bird driver like yourself, but I have ~ 850 hours behind this panel and have been extremely happy with it. First, I used ATO (automotive type) blade fuses instead of breakers. I kept the switch layout as simple as possible with the flight related switches on the left side of the panel and lighting switches on the right side console. I have never had a fuse blow in flight. I tried to make this layout as clean and ergonomic as possible. I have 1 breaker for the alternator field because this has crowbar over-voltage protection on it.

Skylor
RV-8
Reno Sport #80

DSC_2832small.JPG

Back