What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X hobbs or tach time not right

salty

Well Known Member
I have friend with a G3X that seems to be clocking hobbs time at the same rate as tach time. Is there a way to adjust this? I poked around a little but couldn't find anything. I'm assuming it's an adjustment to the "average" tach cruise value and that hobbs is probably correct, but tach is set too low.

I have friend with a G3X that seems to be clocking hobbs time at the same rate as tach time. Is there a way to adjust this? I poked around a little but couldn't find anything. I'm assuming it's an adjustment to the "average" tach cruise value and that hobbs is probably correct, but tach is set too low.

Yes there is, you get to it in configuration mode (hold down menu button as it boots), engine and airframe configuration page, engine time. Set minimum recording rpm and standard recording rpm. The manual reference is in the G3X installation manual 35.4.32.30 engine time configuration.

Yes there is, you get to it in configuration mode (hold down menu button as it boots), engine and airframe configuration page, engine time. Set minimum recording rpm and standard recording rpm. The manual reference is in the G3X installation manual 35.4.32.30 engine time configuration.

Hmmm I thought looked there and didn’t see it. Thanks, I’ll look again.

I found it this time. Thanks. Everything in the config for both tach and Hobbs looked reasonable to me. Dunno.

Back