What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair Boost Pump Leak

ColoRv

Well Known Member
I've been chasing an issue where air was getting into my fuel line causing cold start issues where a cylinder will drop off due to getting a slug of air. Weeks of changing lines etc and I finally decided to cap the Andair tank selector lines and pressurize the airframe side from the firewall with 10psi. Squirted some soapy water and found this:

0548FC0B-9975-41E9-91AB-EC0282BBFD63_zps1gdyhdez.jpg

Has anyone else had one of these pumps leak? It is leaking from a joint on the body where the bubbles can be seen. Been in service 7 months.

Last edited:
Spoke to Andair on the phone this morning. Owen said there is an o-ring in there but they will need it back to fix it. Will fedex it out this morning. None of these in stock anywhere in the states. I certainly did not desire to build a single point of failure into my plane with replacement parts half a world away. When I bought this pump Spruce stocked them. Backordered at present though. Something to consider if you're building.

Last edited:
Back