What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JAVIER RV8-SPAIN moves to Monterey,CA

JAVIER

new kid in town

Hi from Spain-Albacete today.
Tomorrow I?ll move to Monterey, CA for the next 3 months to attend a IDMC course at Naval Postgraduate School (I?m airforce guy :mad: .)
It?ll be a pleasure to contact with Rvators in that area and exchange experiences about my RV8 (Finishing kit waiting for the engine) and flight tecniques (+3.000 fighters & 4.000 total-FI/SE/ME/CPL-IFR & Ultralight PL).
Any RV8 near Monterey? I?m sure I?ll have free weekends so I?ll try to visit RV events and engines factories to find a suitable IO360 for my RV8.
Thanks in advance,
Javier del Cid, RV8

Bienvenido a California!

(lo mejor de los cinquenta, je)

Monterey is a beautiful area in a great region: Northern California. I'll email you and try to connect after you've settled in.

Javier,

Welcome. I have an -8 and live half an hour's flight away. Let me know when you get settled in, and we'll go do some -8 sightseeing.

Travel safe,

Tim

Hi from Spain-Albacete today.
Tomorrow I?ll move to Monterey, CA for the next 3 months to attend a IDMC course at Naval Postgraduate School (I?m airforce guy :mad: .)
It?ll be a pleasure to contact with Rvators in that area and exchange experiences about my RV8 (Finishing kit waiting for the engine) and flight tecniques (+3.000 fighters & 4.000 total-FI/SE/ME/CPL-IFR & Ultralight PL).
Any RV8 near Monterey? I?m sure I?ll have free weekends so I?ll try to visit RV events and engines factories to find a suitable IO360 for my RV8.
Thanks in advance,
Javier del Cid, RV8

There's a very active EAA chapter in Watsonville about 20 mins north of Monterey. There are a bunch of RV builders there. One guy even flew his RV-8 around the world from there a few years ago.

There's an engine outfit up in Redding called I think Eagle Aircraft Engines. Let me know if you want to meet any pilots in the immediate area for you to fly with. I used to live there until recently and learned to fly there.

MONTEREY BAY

After 24 travel hrs from Madrid and 3 days needed to settle in, I started to work at NPS.
Thanks to all for welcome and next weekend will be very busy with local trips on saturday and the SALINAS AIRSHOW on sunday. Anybody will go to the airshow? Pls give me a call o send a msg.
Javier
831 333 2876

Javier,

Jet lag is always worst coming this direction...

I'll be over for the airshow, weather permitting.

After you've settled into the routine, my wife and I would love to have you come for a visit. We live on the first residential sky park. We're an hour's drive from Yosemite National Park.

I've saved a nice bottle of Rioja from our last visit to Spain.

I'll call if/when I land at SNS

Last edited:
Back