What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT MiniX Question about Wind info

edclee

Well Known Member
Patron
I am looking hard at the MiniX with the magnetometer and would like to know from someone who has one whether the MiniX tells you wind direction and speed. I know with GPS and the accurate heading and airspeed the information to determine the wind direction and speed is there, but is it displayed. A careful reading of the manual suggests that the Mini Calculates it but none of the example displays shows that info. :confused:
Ed

A second confirmation here - Mini-X with magnetometer definitely shows wind speed arrow. Wind is given as total speed plus broken down into headwind/crosswind components. VERY useful information.

Wind

A second confirmation here - Mini-X with magnetometer definitely shows wind speed arrow. Wind is given as total speed plus broken down into headwind/crosswind components. VERY useful information.

Thanks to both of you for your responses. That is exactly what I wanted to know. The MiniX sounds like exactly what I need.
Ed:)

I'm very happy with my Mini-X. It's pretty "loaded" with mapping, synthetic vision and backup battery. Of those features it's the backup battery that I value the most. Turn brightness down to level 8 (down from 10) and its display matches that of my HX display at full brightness of 10. At a brightness level of 8 I measured more than 4 hours of backup battery endurance. That's a terrific safety factor for an all-glass airplane or when the Mini-X is backup up other devices. The internal GPS in the Mini-X (and all the newer GRT displays) is fantastic - couple it with the mapping option and the backup battery and you've got a terrific "get me home" device to use when the rest of the airplane suddenly goes dark. Add synthetic vision and you'll likely be able to avoid the big rocks on the way home, too!

Back