What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Almost 14 Anti splat near me

John Bradley

I'm New Here
Hey Guys, I have a 7 empennage on the way soon.
I am having second thoughts about not getting the 14…
The biggest reason is I am 6’3” and the last 7 I was in felt
More cramped than I think I will like over a longer flight.
I think with this seat mod I should be much more comfortable.
Was wondering if anyone around Georgia has this in their 7 that I
Could get a seat in and just see the difference it will make. I’m doing the tip up (already have fuse and QB wings on order too) and
Know it’s harder to add this than to one with a slider.

Thanks

I have it in my 7A Slider. I’m 6’3” and it’s the BEST $$$ spent. Just do it. U won’t be sorry.

Good fit

You will be fine. Unless you have 2 boat loads of money to spend. I don't have an RV-7 But.
I am 6'3" also and fly an RV-6A tip up with the 14 seat mod. I also added a couple more hinge sections to move the bottom of the seat back. I have Hooker 5 point harnesses and had to cut slots in the seat backs to get the belt through. After replacing the panel that had the 1 1/2" added to the bottom I have plenty of room.
I added the easy out bar and a foot rest to the back of the battery box also. Foot bar is a great place to put your feet once and awhile.
Another thing I did was cut down the seat backs as low as possible so I could get my arm into the baggage area while flying. Yes I had the seat back upholstery shortened to fit. Love it.
Your luck and desires may vary. Art

Back