What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LVK Hangar Space ?

Mike Macon

Well Known Member
Patron
I am working in the Livermore area for the next +- 2 months. I am looking for hangar space for my RV6A at LVK. I will broaden my search to Tracy and Byron in the very near future if this does not work out. I hate leaving my little buddy out in the elements. Message reply, PM or email.

Last edited:
All of the hangars at LVK are owned by the city. There used to be a 3 to 5 year wait but since 2008 demand is way down, I don't know the current status. To find out call the airport at 925-373-5392 and ask for Sylvia.

Best bet for someone with a large hangar (there aren't many) with room for an extra airplane is to put up a notice on the bulletin board in the airport terminal building.

forget the call

I just looked at LVK's web site; the hangar waiting list is more than 100 names long. Your best bet might be to visit the south side hangars in person, during the day. Just ask whoever is there if there is temporary space available (all these large hangars are at the east end of the south side hangars).

Bob -
Thanks for the replies. I hangared there during 2010 and 2011 in the area you are talking about.
I was on the south side talking to folks when I landed Sunday and was there again today after checking on the plane post wind. I have some people looking for me and hope to find a space before I need to go looking elsewhere.

Last edited:
Try the EAA chapter

Check out LVK EAA chapter 663 (http://www.eaa663.org/) I'm a member, but I'm out at HAF. Lots of RV builder and operators out there .. perhaps someone would have a space to share for a while.

Back