What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airventure Fiberglass presentation

Davea320

Well Known Member
Hoping someone else attended the presentation at the Airventure EAA builders hangar regarding fiberglass on RV aircraft. The presentation was done by two experienced fiberglass experts that have worked on various airplanes. The gist of their presentation was some dos and don’ts using fiberglass in your build. They specifically talked about the wingtip/empennage tips and the metal to fiberglass transition and why Smittys approach was not the way to do it.

Anyway they had a PowerPoint presentation that was available to all that for the life of me I can no longer find. I believe it was on their website which I am also unable to locate. If anybody has the info I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Dave

Like others

Like others at Osh, he does not recommend west epoxies. I used aeropoxy and am very happy. It wont get soft in the desert sun and dries hard in a few days. And is really strong once cured for a few weeks. I used 5 layers of 9 oz on roll bar and 4 layers on back canopy skirt. Really strong. Bonded everything with sikaflex.

Back