What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder trim

rvator4twa

Well Known Member
Patron
Has anyone installed the Aerosport products rudder trim system in your RV-6(A)?
I have purchased it, not yet installed. I am hoping by trimming the rudder for cruise that the autopilot will fly wings level. Did you have any issues on installation or after?

Thanks

I installed the Aerosport rudder trim system in my RV-6A. It wasn't easy working under the panel but only took a couple hours to install. It works great and it flies wings level with the autopilot engaged.

N626JT,
One of my questions at least in thought is, if I have the mounting holes on top which seems logical, turning the knob to the right causes the left side to pull. Is that correct? I plan to mount it about center bottom panel, underside with the arms pointed downward. Is that what you did? Do you have a photo?
Thanks

I installed my trim control knob under the panel with the mounting holes up. the arms need to be installed pointing up, if they point down you would be pulling slack in the rudder cables. The right side arm attaches to the left rudder pedal shaft and the left side arm attaches to the right rudder pedal shaft. Hope that makes sense.

Sent a private message before I read this. Would still appreciate a photo or two if possible. Will look again tomorrow

Thanks,
Ron Burn

Back