What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Triple Tree 2010

Yes, Pat Hartness and Team Triple Tree really know how to roll out the welcome mat and are wonderful hosts. While there on Saturday, I had the pleasure of witnessing an L-39 land on their grass runway...amazing. There were many beautiful RV's present. Too bad about the weather, because with the right combination of blue skies and cooler temps, this is going to become one of the biggest, if not the nicest, fly-ins in the SE.

Another interesting observation- I did not see a single piece of trash on the ground during my stay. The flying community is amazing!

Great looking Place!

Marshall,

Thanks for the great pictures. This looks like a really great place for a large RV fly in maybe at the height of Fall colors in mid October. Thanks for sharing the weekend.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your photos! They are wonderful. This was my first year going to Triple Tree, I really enjoyed it. Pat has a wonderful place there and wonderful people who volunteer and work with him.

Pat really is a great individual for putting this together. The field is not open normally, just for fly-ins, breakfasts, and workdays, so I don't think you can just fly in, But there are numerous place to get together for Fall colors.

Check the Triple Tree website for lots more info.

The reason there are multiples of some Cessna etc, is because they are local folks from Athens. The dark photos up front are the Dawn Patrol, aka alarm clock. Waking up to a round engine BT-13 in the mornings is pretty cool

Pictures cannot really do the place and event justice. It is an annual event so get ready for next September. The volunteers really make this thing tick as well.

For you RC nuts out there, this is the venue foe the Jo Nall fly in as well, also hosted by Pat Hartness.

cheers

Triple Tree

I have attended the Triple Tree Fly-in 3 times now. It truly is an awesome place. The 10,000 sq ft hangar for the Saturday night program is fantastic. Friday night they did the steak cookout on the 25 ft barbecue pit. Pat got the coals going with his leaf blower. They had a band both Friday and Saturday night.

I think that it is the best fly-in that I have ever attended. I will continue to attend each year. I would encourage the RVers to check out the website. www.triptreeflyin.com.

Pat is the most accomodating gazillionaire I know. He loves to partner good friendships with aviation of all types. Amazing guy!

Back